Much has been said about today’s fast-paced, ever-changing world of business. In all this complexity, only the strongest will move beyond surviving, to thriving!
- Identify the 250 largest retailers around the world
- Unpack the 5 major retail trends for 2015 in which top retailers are already making strides
- Provide a global economic outlook for retail
- Discuss the “Q” ratio – a way of drawing inferences about the future performance of retailers based on current financial information
Africa: Highlights from this year’s report
- 5 of the top 250 retail companies in the world according to retail revenue, are African companies, of which all of these are specifically South African
- All African (South African) companies featured in the list have experienced above 6% growth in retail revenue over the past year
- The top performing South African company, Shoprite Holdings Ltd., with a 2013 retail revenue of US$9 869 million, holds the 107th position on the list, making it a part of the top 45%
- Steinhoff International Holdings Ltd., is also amongst the top 10 fastest growing retailers in the world, coming in 8th, with a compound annual growth rate of 31.5% between 2008 and 2013
Click here to download the full report to get more exciting insights about 2015’s retail trends and our best-performing retailers worldwide!